- Rosecrans Ave. & Bloomfield Ave. Bridge Project - Week of Mar. 30 - Apr. 6, 2018
- ROSECRANS Ave & BLOOMFIELD Ave Bridge Project - Week of Jan 21, 2018
- ROSECRANS Ave & BLOOMFIELD Ave Bridge Project - Week of Jan 14, 2018
Weekly Construction Updates
Improvements: HOV Lane, one mixed-flow lane in each direction, interchange modifications at Rosecrans Avenue undercrossing and Bloomfield Avenue undercrossing and pedestrian overcrossing at Silverbow AvenueStart Date: 2012Completion: Late 2017Cost: $180 Million
- Improving the overall traffic circulation along the I-5 South Corridor
- Improving traffic flow on nearby frontage roads
- Enhancing safety
- Accommodating future traffic demands increasing capacity
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) high occupancy vehicle (HOV) / Rosecrans and Bloomfield Avenue Bridges
Project extends from Shoemaker Avenue to Silverbow Avenue in the City of Norwalk. The project will widen one mile of I-5 to add one High Occupancy Vehicle Lane (also known as HOV or car pool lane) and one general purpose lane in each direction. Three bridges will be reconstructed to accommodate the widened freeway, including Shoemaker, Rosecrans and Bloomfield avenues, as well as a pedestrian overcrossing at Silverbow Avenue.
The Rosecrans and Bloomfield Avenue Project includes shoulder widening, concrete median barriers, new
ramp designs and realignment to Firestone Boulevard.
Caltrans is committed to keep the public informed about this construction effort. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.