Improvements: HOV lane in each direction and direct HOV connector at I-5/SR-170 interchange
Schedule: Start Fall 2010
Completion: Spring 2015
Cost: $223.4 million
SR-134 to SR-118 Improvement Projects
I-5 off-ramps to Sheldon St., Osborne St. and Van Nuys St. and on-ramp to Sheldon St., NOW OPEN!
- Improving the overall traffic flow along the I-5 corridor
- Enhancing air quality
- Increasing safety
- Encouraging ridesharing
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Golden State freeway (I-5) is being widened to add a high occupancy vehicle (HOV) or carpool lane in each direction between the Ronald Reagan Freeway (SR-118) and Hollywood Freeway (SR-170) in the cities of Arleta and Pacoima.
In addition, a direct HOV connector is being constructed at the I-5/SR-170 interchange so motorists can travel from one freeway directly to another without leaving the HOV lane. A new mixed-flow connector from northbound SR-170 to northbound I-5 is also under construction. The project will improve traffic flow, relieve congestion and encourage ridesharing.
- I-5 Night Closures in Arleta for Paving Work, Oct. 13-17, 2015
- I-5 Night Closures in Arleta for Paving Work
- SR-118 to SR-170: Closures for May 26-30, 2015