- Leland Way Channel Cap: Concrete pour for soundwalls, striping and drilling. Flaggers will be on site to ensure street and driveway access at all times.
Parking Restriction Switch: Parking is now restricted on both sides of the north end of Leland Way between University Avenue and Broadway. On the south segment (the cul-de-sac end), parking is permitted on the residence side.
- Empire Avenue Interchange/Undercrossing: Through the end of April, crews are installing metal plates and beams for shoring on the southbound I-5 shoulder near the old San Fernando tunnel. The work is necessary to construct the new Empire Avenue interchange. The week of March 29 to April 3, there will be night work, but in early April the operation will switch to daytime hours. Residents may notice some noise and/or vibration while this work is underway.
- Lincoln Street/Victory Place Improvements: Installation of signals. Paving and striping work in ongoing. Lincoln Street is now OPEN at Victory Street.
- Temporary Railroad Tracks: Drilling and installation of metal plates for the shoring wall needed for the temporary tracks by Empire Avenue. There may be some noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Retaining Wall/Soundwall Work (excavation, concrete pours, crushing): Work will occur at the following locations:
- Near the southbound I-5 Empire Avenue on- and off-ramps
- Old Southbound Scott Road off-ramp
- South of Buena Vista Street
- On Buena Vista Street (abutment wall)
- Concrete Recycling: Crushing of concrete near the old Scott Road off-ramp (night work).
- I-5 Striping: Striping of I-5 (both directions) between Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street.
- Left-turn pocket from Victory Place to Empire Avenue remains closed. Visit this page for more information.
- Two lanes of southbound I-5 will be closed between Buena Vista Street and Burbank Boulevard from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Intermittent daytime closures of one lane of northbound Buena Vista Street between Winona Avenue and San Fernando Boulevard.
Up to three lanes of I-5 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Both directions affected, but not simultaneously.