Burbank Boulevard I-5 Ramp Closures
Beginning September 2019
Beginning in September 2019, the I-5 Empire Avenue Interchange in Burbank will open and three I-5 ramps at Burbank Boulevard will close.
- The northbound I-5 loop off-ramp to westbound Burbank Boulevard
- The southbound I-5 off-ramp to Burbank Boulevard
- The westbound Burbank Boulevard loop on-ramp to southbound I-5
Please note, Burbank Boulevard Bridge will remain open until early next year.
RAMP CLOSURE DETOURS:
For the NB I-5 loop o-ramp to WB Burbank Boulevard: Continue north on I-5 and exit at Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard; turn right and take San Fernando Boulevard; turn right on Burbank Boulevard
For the SB I-5 o-ramp to Burbank Boulevard – Drivers may:
1. Exit at Empire Avenue; turn right on Empire Avenue; turn right on Lincoln Street; turn right on Victory Place and continue to Burbank Boulevard,
2. Exit at Empire Avenue; turn left and take San Fernando Boulevard to Burbank Boulevard, OR
3. Exit at Verdugo Avenue; turn right and take Front Street to Burbank Boulevard
For the WB Burbank Boulevard loop on-ramp to SB I-5: Use the SB on-ramp at Empire Avenue or the SB on-ramp at Verdugo Avenue/Front Street
Disclaimer: Due to the dynamic nature of construction, please note that all dates and times are subject to change due to unforeseen operational factors and/or inclement weather.
These closures are part of the construction of I-5 improvements between Buena Vista Street and Magnolia Boulevard, including carpool lanes on I-5; the new Empire Interchange; elevated railroad tracks to eliminate the street-level rail crossing on Buena Vista Street at San Fernando Boulevard; reconstruction of the Burbank Boulevard bridge; realignment of ramps; and replacement of concrete pavement in both directions of I-5. The project’s expected completion date is in 2021.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF FLYER: I-5_Empire Interchange Opening_Flyer.pdf