The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.
For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge, paving ramps, hauling stockpiled dirt and grading. Crews are working in the I-5 median. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Northbound I-5:
- All lanes on Northbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard at 11:59 p.m. each night, Monday through Friday, until approximately October 13. The schedule is subject to change.
- The complete freeway closure will end by 4 a.m. each morning.
- A detour will be provided.
- All traffic will exit Northbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- Northbound I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m.
- The Westbound State Route 134 connector to Northbound I-5 will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., with the following detour posted: Westbound on SR-134 to Northbound SR-170 to Northbound I-5.
- Northbound I-5 on-ramps will be closed at Orange Grove/Olive Avenue and at Alameda Avenue between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Westbound SR-134 on-ramps will be closed at Fairmont Avenue and San Fernando Road in Glendale between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Drivers are advised to use other routes and avoid this area due to possible traffic delays.
- The schedule is subject to change. Dates, times and locations may change.
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Southbound I-5:
- The closure listed above on Northbound I-5 is expected to occur each night until approximately October 13 (subject to change), and then the crews will shift their work to Southbound I-5.
- These complete freeway closures will occur in only one direction of travel at a time (either Northbound I-5 or Southbound I-5, not in both directions simultaneously).
- When the crews shift to Southbound I-5, all lanes on Southbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard starting at 11:59 p.m. each night, Monday through Friday and possibly including some Sunday nights.
- The complete freeway closure will end by 4 a.m. each morning, every day.
- All traffic will exit Southbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- A detour will be provided.
- I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m. each night.
- Southbound I-5 on-ramps will be CLOSED at Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard and at Buena Vista Street. Detours will be provided.
INTERSECTION CLOSURE — Burbank Boulevard at Front Street:
Beginning on Sunday night, October 17, the intersection of Burbank Boulevard and Front Street will be closed at 8 p.m. each night through Friday night October 22, and will reopen by 4:30 a.m. the next morning, each day, Monday through Saturday. Please see the map below.
Access to Front Street and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station during this nightly closure will be available from the south via Verdugo Avenue to Front Street.
Access to I-5 will be available via a detour on Victory Blvd to Alameda Avenue to I-5.
Front Street will be closed from Burbank Boulevard to the Magnolia Boulevard Bridge, which is north of the Metrolink station.
Burbank Boulevard will be closed between Victory Boulevard/Victory Place and I-5.
Also, please be aware of the following closures:
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.