The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.
For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge, paving ramps, constructing lighting and traffic signal systems, hauling stockpiled dirt and grading. Crews are working in the I-5 median. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
INTERSECTION CLOSURE — Burbank Boulevard at Front Street on November 5-8 and November 12-15
The intersection of Burbank Boulevard and Front Street will be closed to all traffic on the first two weekends of November. (Please see the map below.)
This intersection will be closed as follows:
- From 9:30 p.m. Friday, November 5, to 4:30 a.m. Monday, November 8.
- From 9:30 p.m. Friday, November 12, to 4:30 a.m. Monday, November 15.
Detours will be provided. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. During these two 55-hour closures, please expect the following:
- The Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station on Front Street will be accessible from the south via Verdugo Avenue to Front Street; also via the Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp.
- From Burbank Boulevard, access to I-5 will be available via a detour south on Victory Boulevard to Alameda Avenue to I-5, or via a detour north on Victory Place to Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard to I-5.
- Front Street will be closed between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard I-5 Bridge, which is north of the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station.
- Burbank Boulevard will be closed between Front Street and Victory Boulevard/Victory Place.
- The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be CLOSED continuously from 12:01 a.m. November 1 to 5 a.m. November 16. A detour will be provided. The schedule is subject to change.
- The Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp are scheduled to remain open.
- All closure locations, dates and times are subject to change due to weather or operational reasons.
- This map shows the locations of these closures:
Also, please be aware of the following closures in the construction zone:
Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard Off-Ramp Closure: The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be closed to all traffic from 12:01 a.m. November 1 to 5 a.m. November 16. A detour will be provided.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted. This ramp will be CLOSED continuously from 12:01 a.m. November 1 to 5 a.m. November 16.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.