The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge, paving ramps, hauling stockpiled dirt and grading. Crews are working in the I-5 median. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Southbound I-5:
- All lanes on Southbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard starting at 11:59 p.m. each night, from Sunday nights through Friday nights (not on Saturday nights).
- The complete freeway closure will end by 4 a.m. the following morning, every day.
- All traffic will exit Southbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- A detour will be provided.
- I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m. each night.
- Southbound I-5 on-ramps will be CLOSED at Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard and at Buena Vista Street. Detours will be provided.
INTERSECTION CLOSURE — Burbank Boulevard at Front Street:
Beginning on Sunday night, October 17, the intersection of Burbank Boulevard and Front Street will be closed at 8 p.m. each night for up to six consecutive nights, through Friday night October 22. The intersection will reopen by 4:30 a.m. every morning, each day, Monday through Saturday. The schedule is subject to change. Please see the map below.
- Access to Front Street and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station during this nightly closure will be available from the south via Verdugo Avenue to Front Street.
- Access to I-5 will be available via a detour on Victory Boulevard to Alameda Avenue to I-5.
- Front Street will be closed between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard I-5 Bridge, which is north of the Metrolink station.
- Eastbound Burbank Boulevard will be closed from Victory Boulevard/Victory Place to Front Street.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard will remain open.
- Closure locations, dates and times are subject to change due to weather or operational reasons.
Also, please be aware of the following closures in the construction zone:
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.