The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.
For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge and retaining walls, and working in the I-5 median. Crews are hauling stockpiled dirt, and grading near ramps. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Northbound I-5:
- All lanes on Northbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard at 11:59 p.m. each night, Monday through Friday, up to and including Friday night, October 8.
- The complete freeway closure will end by 4 a.m. each morning.
- A detour will be provided.
- All traffic will exit Northbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- Northbound I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m.
- The Westbound State Route 134 connector to Northbound I-5 will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., with the following detour posted: Westbound on SR-134 to Northbound SR-170 to Northbound I-5.
- Northbound I-5 on-ramps will be closed at Orange Grove/Olive Avenue and at Alameda Avenue between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Westbound SR-134 on-ramps will be closed at Fairmont Avenue and San Fernando Road in Glendale between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Drivers are advised to use other routes and avoid this area due to possible traffic delays.
- The schedule is subject to change. Dates, times and locations may change.
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Southbound I-5:
- The closures listed above on Northbound I-5 are for bridge construction at Burbank Boulevard. In the near future, the nightly complete freeway closure will switch from Northbound I-5 to Southbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- The schedule will be announced in the near future.
Also, please be aware of the following closures:
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.