The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge, paving ramps, constructing lighting and traffic control systems, and working in the I-5 median. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
INTERSECTION CLOSURE — Burbank Boulevard at Front Street on November 12-15 and on additional dates through November 24.
The intersection of Burbank Boulevard and Front Street will be closed to all traffic from 9:30 p.m. Friday, November 12, 2021, to 4:30 a.m. Monday, November 15, 2021. (Please see the map below.) Additional full or partial closures will occur between November 15 and November 24. Detours will be provided. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. When this intersection is closed, please expect the following:
- The Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station on Front Street will be accessible from the south via Verdugo Avenue to Front Street; also via the Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp.
- From Burbank Boulevard, access to I-5 will be available via a detour south on Victory Boulevard to Alameda Avenue to I-5, or via a detour north on Victory Place to Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard to I-5.
- Front Street will be closed between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard I-5 Bridge, which is north of the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station.
- Burbank Boulevard will be closed between Front Street and Victory Boulevard/Victory Place.
- The Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp are scheduled to remain open.
- The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp is CLOSED until 5 a.m. November 16. Please see the listing below, under the map.
- The Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be CLOSED from 10 a.m. Friday, November 12, to 4:30 a.m. Monday, November 15, and on additional dates through November 24. Please see the listing below, under the map.
- All closure locations, dates and times are subject to change due to weather or operational reasons.
Also, please be aware of the following closures:
Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard Off-Ramp Closure:
- The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp is closed to all traffic until 5 a.m. November 16. A detour is provided.
- It will be closed on additional dates to be announced, through November 24.
- The preferred alternate exits are Buena Vista Street, Empire Avenue or Alameda Avenue. The Verdugo Avenue exit is not recommended except for vehicles going to the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station.
Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard Off-Ramp Closures:
- The Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be closed from 10 a.m. Friday, November 12, to 4:30 a.m. Monday, November 15. A detour will be provided.
- The Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp also will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, November 19, to 9 a.m. Saturday, November 20; and closed from 8 p.m. Saturday, November 20, to 10 a.m. Sunday, November 21. A detour will be provided.
- The Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp also will be closed on additional dates to be announced, through November 24. A detour will be provided.
- During these closures, trucks cannot exit at Olive Avenue. Preferred alternates are the Alameda Avenue exit or Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard exit.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted. (See above.)
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted. (See above.)
Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.