The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing safety enhancements on Burbank Boulevard at the Southbound I-5 On-Ramp and Front Street. Some work occurs at night.
Northbound I-5 On-Ramp at San Fernando Boulevard/Empire Avenue: Crews are constructing ramp widening enhancements, barrier construction, bike lane protection, drainage improvements and other work. Some work may occur at night.
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing colored concrete hardscape and other work.
Victory Place at Old Empire Avenue: Crews are installing traffic signals.
➤ Closures and Detours
Burbank Boulevard and Front Street:
The following conditions are expected to start during December 2022 and continue into early 2023:
- On eastbound Burbank Boulevard, the right lane will be closed between Victory Boulevard and the Southbound I-5 On-Ramp.
- On eastbound Burbank Boulevard, right turns onto Front Street and the Southbound I-5 on-ramp will be allowed during the day but not between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. on most nights. Detours will be provided during those times.
- On northbound Front Street at Burbank Boulevard, the right-turn lane will be closed.
- On northbound Front Street at Burbank Boulevard, right turns and left turns onto Burbank Boulevard will be allowed from the northbound through-lane on Front Street.
- Lane closures or full street closures will occur as needed on Front Street south of Burbank Boulevard between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Detours will be provided.
- Due to holidays, nightly closures are not scheduled on Front Street on December 23-26, nor on December 30 to January 2.
- During these closures, access to the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station on Front Street will be available at all times. Detours will be provided. Access to the station will be available via the Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue Off-Ramp, also via westbound Verdugo Avenue to northbound Front Street to the station. Please allow extra travel time to and from the station.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound I-5 lane closures may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction. Due to holidays, such closures are not scheduled on December 23-26, nor on December 30 to January 2.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Ramp Closures: Some I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps may be closed during the day or at night. Detours are provided.
Street Lane Closures: Intermittent street lane closures may occur during the day or at night on Burbank Boulevard, San Fernando Boulevard, Front Street, Victory Place, Empire Avenue, Old Empire Avenue, Buena Vista Street and other streets.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.