The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street
➤ Construction Activities
Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing safety enhancements on eastbound Burbank Boulevard at the Southbound I-5 On-Ramp and Front Street. Some work occurs at night.
Northbound I-5 On-Ramp at San Fernando Boulevard/Empire Avenue: Crews are constructing a concrete barrier, ramp widening enhancements, bike lane protection, drainage improvements and other enhancements. Some work may occur at night.
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing colored concrete hardscape and other work.
Victory Place at Old Empire Avenue: Crews are installing traffic signals and lane markings.
➤ Closures and Detours
Burbank Boulevard and Front Street:
The following conditions are expected to continue into early 2023:
- Eastbound Burbank Boulevard between Victory Boulevard and the Southbound I-5 On-Ramp:
- All lanes on eastbound Burbank Boulevard may be closed between 11 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. (excluding weekends). Detours are provided.
- Eastbound Burbank Boulevard may be reduced to only one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m. (excluding weekends).
- Right turns from eastbound Burbank Boulevard to Front Street and the Southbound I-5 On-Ramp are allowed during the daytime but not between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. on most nights (excluding weekends). Detours are provided.
- The right lane on eastbound Burbank Boulevard is closed east of Victory Boulevard.
- Front Street south of Burbank Boulevard:
- On northbound Front Street at Burbank Boulevard, the right-turn lane is closed. Right turns and left turns from northbound Front Street to Burbank Boulevard are allowed from the northbound through-lane on Front Street.
- Northbound and southbound Front Street will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. on most nights (excluding weekends). Detours will be provided.
- Northbound Front Street may be closed to traffic beginning at 9 p.m. (excluding weekends). A detour will be provided.
Holidays: Due to holidays, these nightly closures on Front Street and on Burbank Boulevard are not scheduled on December 23-26, nor on December 30 to January 2.
Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station on Front Street:
- Access to the Metrolink station will be provided during these closures. Please follow detour signs where ramps or streets are closed.
- Access to the Metrolink station will be available via the Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue Off-Ramp, also via westbound Verdugo Avenue to northbound Front Street to the station.
- Please allow extra travel time to and from the station.
Day or night, please allow extra time when traveling in the vicinity of these closures at the I-5 Burbank Boulevard Interchange and Front Street through early 2023. Please drive with extra caution and be aware of crews working in the area.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound I-5 lane closures may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction. Due to holidays, such closures are not scheduled on December 23-26, nor on December 30 to January 2.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Ramp Closures: Some I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps may be closed during the day or at night. Detours are provided.
Street Lane Closures: Intermittent street lane closures may occur during the day or at night on Burbank Boulevard, San Fernando Boulevard, Front Street, Victory Place, Empire Avenue, Old Empire Avenue, Buena Vista Street and other streets.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.