The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street
➤ Construction Activities
Burbank Street Repair and Improvements (see map below): At multiple locations in Burbank along the I-5 corridor, crews have completed new asphalt overlay on streets and completed construction of new curb and gutter. Crews are continuing construction of curb ramps compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and installation of lane striping on new asphalt overlay. Locations are shown in the map below.
- Curb and gutter construction on San Fernando Boulevard between Lincoln Street and Ontario Street; Victory Place between Old Empire Avenue and Maria Street; Victory Place between Empire Avenue and the Burbank Animal Shelter north of Lake Street; Verdugo Avenue at the I-5 bridge; and Bonnywood Place between Providencia Avenue and Santa Anita Avenue/Bonnywood Place.
- Pavement grinding and new asphalt overlay on San Fernando Boulevard northwest of Buena Vista Street; San Fernando Boulevard southeast of Buena Vista Street; Buena Vista Street between San Fernando Boulevard and the Northbound I-5 on-ramp; Buena Vista Street south of San Fernando Boulevard; San Fernando Boulevard between Grismer Avenue and the Northbound I-5 ramps; Empire Avenue between Maria Street and Keystone Street; Victory Place between Old Empire Avenue and Maria Street; Victory Place south of Old Empire Avenue; Verdugo Avenue at the I-5 bridge; and Alameda Avenue from east of the Northbound I-5 ramps to west of the Southbound I-5 ramps.
- ADA-compliant curb ramps on San Fernando Boulevard at Buena Vista Street; and on Empire Avenue at Valpreda Street.
- Some but not all of the work will be done at night.
- At least one lane in each direction will be open for traffic on city streets where this work is underway.
- This list does not include all scheduled improvements.
- See map below:
In addition to the above, the following construction activities are ongoing:
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are working at the Burbank Boulevard interchange and in the I-5 median. Some work may occur at night.
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street: Crews are installing signs, electrical systems and traffic detector loops. Some work occurs at night. High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV, or carpool) lanes now are open on I-5 in both directions between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street. The Southbound I-5 HOV lane is shown below:
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing fencing.
I-5 between SR-134 (Ventura Freeway) and Buena Vista Street: Crews are planting landscaping.
I-5 between Burbank Boulevard and Empire Avenue: Crews are sealing joints. This work may occur at night and during the day.
Victory Place at Old Empire Avenue: Crews are installing traffic signals.
➤ Closures and Detours
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound I-5 lane closures may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Ramp Closures: Some I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps may be closed during the day or at night. Detours are provided.
Street Lane Closures: Intermittent street lane closures may occur during the day or at night on Burbank Boulevard, San Fernando Boulevard, Front Street, Victory Place, Empire Avenue, Old Empire Avenue, Buena Vista Street, Bonnywood Place, Verdugo Avenue, Alameda Avenue and other streets.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.