This project is 93% complete.
Projected date of opening for the northbound I-5 Florence Ave. on and off ramps is extended to * late January 2021.
Projected date of opening for the southbound I-5 Florence Ave. on ramp is extended to *February of 2021.
Also, please go to our Twitter page at twitter.com/My5LA for project updates.
- *Permanent closure to through traffic on Dollison Drive at Studebaker Road effective Tuesday, December 15.
- *Final striping of Florence Avenue between Studebaker Road and Orr & Day is complete.
- *Construction of concrete pedestrian crosswalks at interchange of Florence Avenue and Orr & Day is complete.
- *Construction of the median traffic barrier on I-5 south and north of the bridge is complete.
- *Construction of the median between the east end of the bridge and Orr & Day and between the west end of the bridge and Studebaker Road is complete.
- *Pouring of final 2-inch rubberized asphalt on the roadway surface between the east end of the bridge and Orr & Day and between the west end of the bridge and Studebaker Road is complete.
- *Installation of traffic sensor loops below the roadway surface and installation of a traffic signal at Orr & Day is complete.
- *Installation of traffic barrier on new southbound Florence on ramp completed Friday, January 8.
- *Installation of final safety fence on north side of bridge is complete.
Still to complete::
- Final striping and shifting of freeway traffic lanes to median and open fourth lane.
- Install crash cushion on northbound Florence off ramp. (Waiting for delivery of crash cushion.)
- Install guardrail on northbound Florence on ramp. Installation expected to begin next week.
- Pour asphalt hot mix on Dollison Drive cul-de-sac at Studebaker Road.
- Install safety guardrail at Dollison Drive cul-de-sac at I-5.
- Workers *completed pouring the concrete for the traffic barrier on the new on ramp to southbound I-5 on Friday, January 8.
There are no freeway or street lane closures scheduled for the week of January 17 for this interchange project.
The new safety fence has been installed on the north side of the bridge. Photos below:
There are now three lanes open on the eastbound Florence Avenue Bridge and two lanes westbound, with a third westbound right turn lane to open when the new on ramp to southbound I-5 opens. Photos below:
New safety crosswalks are complete and new traffic signals operational at the intersection of Florence Avenue and Orr & Day Road. Orr & Day Road is also open south of Florence Avenue. Photos below:
On Tuesday, December 15, the contractor closed Dollison Drive at Studebaker Road to complete construction of a cul-de-sac. Dollison Drive will not re-open to through-traffic per city guidelines. Map below: