On Thursday night, Aug. 31 crews plan to pour the bridge deck of the new half of the Florence Avenue bridge. This activity will require the full closure of northbound and southbound I-5 at Florence Avenue, as well as the closure of Florence Avenue bridge at I-5. This work is not expected to be particularly loud, but will include concrete trucks, truck back-up alarms, construction lighting and equipment staged within the lanes of I-5, south of Florence Ave. bridge.
The following closures are planned Thursday night, Aug. 31, to allow crews to complete this work:
- Northbound I-5 will be closed between Norwalk Boulevard and I-605 from 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31 to 5 a.m., Friday, Sept. 1.
DETOUR: Motorists will exit northbound I-5 at Norwalk Boulevard off-ramp, turn left on Norwalk Boulevard, turn right on Firestone Boulevard and proceed to the northbound I-605 on-ramp; then transition onto northbound I-5.
- Southbound I-5 will be closed between I-605 and Norwalk Boulevard, from 11 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31 to 5 a.m. Friday, Sept. 1. DETOUR: Motorists will be directed onto SB I-605 to exit Firestone Boulevard, east on Firestone Boulevard, east on Imperial Highway, south on Southbound Frontage Road to access the southbound I-5 on-ramp.
- Northbound I-605 Connector to Southbound I-5 closed from 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31 to 6 a.m. Friday, Sept. 1.
DETOUR: Motorists will exit NB I-605 at Imperial Hwy. off-ramp, east on Imperial Hwy., south on SB Frontage Rd. to access SB I-5 on-ramp
- Southbound I-605 Connector to Southbound I-5 closed from 9 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31 to 6 a.m. Friday, Sept. 1.
DETOUR: Motorists will continue on SB I-605, exit Firestone Blvd. off-ramp, east on Firestone Blvd., east on Imperial Hwy., south on SB Frontage Rd. to access SB I-5 on-ramp
- Florence Avenue will be closed between Orr & Day Road and Studebaker Avenue from 9:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31 to 6 a.m. Friday, Sept. 1. Alternate routes for Florence Avenue are shown on the map below
A portion of the sidewalk on Longworth Avenue, adjacent to the northbound I-5, has been closed to accommodate sound wall reconstruction. A chain link fence has been installed to close this area of the sidewalk from public access through the end of 2017. Crews have begun removing this portion of the sidewalk and the adjoining block wall, as they prepare to reconstruct the freeway sound wall at this location. This work is currently on hold and will resume soon. Once work resumes, sidewalk/block wall removal work will take place weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and may be intermittently loud and disruptive due to concrete removal activities. The sidewalk will be restored once sound wall construction is complete.