On Friday, April 14 crews resumed pile driving activity; this work will be ongoing intermittently for approximately six weeks. Pile driving activity will take place weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Crews will begin this work along northbound I-5, then will move across the freeway to complete work along southbound I-5. While pile driving activity will only be performed during the day, night crews may move equipment to reposition the pile driving rig within the work area. Please be advised this work may be loud and disruptive due to equipment noise, construction lighting (when equipment is moved at night), and vibration and pounding related to pile driving activity.
The week of April 16 crews will be performing CIDH (cast in drilled hole) work at night adjacent to the Florence Ave. bridge at Fairford Ave. Fairford Ave. may be closed intermittently, weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Nighttime Closure Schedule: Sunday, April 16 through Thursday, April 20
Sunday Night, April 16
- Northbound I-5 will be closed from Norwalk Blvd. to I-605, from 11:59 p.m.Sunday, April 16 to 5 a.m., Monday, April 17
DETOUR (shown in green on the map below): Exit NB I-5 at Norwalk Blvd. off-ramp; west on Adoree St., west on Imperial Hwy., west on Firestone Blvd. to NB I-605 on-ramp. Transition from NB I-605 to NB I-5.
Monday Night, April 17
- Two lanes will be closed on southbound I-5 between Florence Avenue and Norwalk Blvd. from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
DETOUR: Not applicable; southbound I-5 will remain open at all times
Wednesday Night, April 19
- Southbound I-5 will be closed from Norwalk Blvd. to I-605, from 11 p.m. Wednesday, April 19 to 5 a.m. Thursday, April 20
DETOUR: SB I-5 traffic will be directed onto SB I-605 and exit at Firestone Blvd., east on Firestone Blvd., east on Imperial Hwy., south on SB Frontage Rd. to access SB I-5 on-ramp.
- Northbound I-605 to Southbound I-5 Connector closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 19 to 5:30 a.m. Thursday, April 20
DETOUR: Exit NB I-605 at Imperial Hwy. off-ramp, east on Imperial Hwy., south on SB Frontage Rd. to access the SB I-5 on-ramp.
- Southbound I-605 to Southbound I-5 Connector closed from 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 19 to 5:30 a.m. Thursday, April 20
DETOUR: Motorists will continue on SB I-605, exit Firestone Blvd. off-ramp, east on Firestone Blvd., east on Imperial Hwy., south on SB Frontage Rd. to access SB I-5 on-ramp.