- CARMENITA ROAD INTERCHANGE PROJECT - May 7, 2017
- CARMENITA ROAD INTERCHANGE PROJECT - April 30, 2017
- CARMENITA ROAD INTERCHANGE PROJECT - April 23, 2017
Weekly Construction Updates
- I-5 NORTH Construction Advisory - SR-134 to Buena Vista Street, August 17-24, 2018
- Florence Avenue Interchange Project - Week of August 17 - August 24, 2018
- Imperial Highway & Pioneer Blvd. Project - Week of August 17 - August 24, 2018
- Valley View Ave. Interchange Project - Week of August 17 - August 24, 2018
- 5th Annual I-5 Empire Project Community Open House is September 26!
Improvements: Interchange modifications and frontage road modificationsSchedule: Construction began late 2011Completion: Late 2016Cost: $380 million98
- Reducing Congestion
- Improving overall traffic circulation on the interchange and ramps
- Enhancing Safety
- Enhancing air quality
- Accommodating future projected traffic demands and capacity
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) Carmenita Road Interchange Project, in the cities of Santa Fe Springs and Norwalk will replace and reconstruct the existing two-lane overcrossing with a 10-lane (five lanes in each direction) structure. The project wil reconfigure the on- and off-ramps, and will realign the following frontage roads: Firestone Boulevard, Freeway Drive, Carmenita Road, Arctic Circle, Molette Street and Excelsior Drive.
The project will also widen I-5 from Alondra Boulevard to Shoemaker Avenue by adding one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) or car pool lane, and one general purpose lane in each direction, as well as widen the shoulder and construct a median barrier. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.