You’re Invited to the…
6th Annual Community Open House
Come Learn About the Progress Being Made on the I-5 Widening Project
WHAT: Caltrans is hosting a Community Open House for the I-5 Widening Project. Caltrans will provide a project update with an open house immediately following the presentation for attendees to ask questions of the project team in a one-on-one format.
WHEN: Thursday, October 24, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Burbank Public Library, Buena Vista Branch, 300 Buena Vista St., Burbank
PARKING: Free parking is available.
CONTACT: Michael Comeaux at Michael.Comeaux@dot.ca.gov
Caltrans continues to improve I-5 in Burbank between Verdugo Avenue and Buena Vista Street. Improvements listed below will enhance safety, improve traffic flow, reduce congestion, encourage ridesharing, decrease surface street traffic and improve air quality:
- High-Occupancy Vehicle (HOV or Carpool) Lanes – Carpool lanes for vehicles with two or more passengers.
- Burbank Boulevard Bridge- The bridge over I-5 will be closed in early 2020 and replaced by a wider bridge and new ramps
- Interchange improvements – The Empire Avenue interchange, and on- and off-ramp improvements at multiple interchanges.
- Truck Lane – New lane designated for truck traffic.
- Pavement Replacement- Extends the life of the road, lessens the need for maintenance and related costs as well as provides a smoother roadway surface.
- Grade Separation – Bridge crossing used to separate levels at which roads, railroads or pedestrians cross one another.
- What’s new at Burbank Boulevard.