WHAT: Caltrans is hosting a Community Open House for the I-5 Widening Project in Glendale and Burbank. Caltrans will provide a project update and talk one-on-one with attendees. Bring questions, get answers!
WHEN: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Burbank Community Services, 150 N. 3rd Street in Burbank.
PARKING: Free parking is available.
CONTACT: Sara Costin Mockus at email@example.com
Caltrans is improving I-5 in Glendale and Burbank between State Route 134 and Buena Vista Street. Improvements listed below will enhance safety, improve traffic flow, reduce congestion, encourage ridesharing, decrease surface street traffic and improve air quality:
- High-Occupancy Vehicle (HOV or carpool) Lanes – Carpool lanes for vehicles with two or more passengers
- Direct HOV Connectors–Carpool lane connections so motorists can travel from one freeway directly to another without leaving the HOV lane
- Interchange Improvements–On- and off-ramp improvements, bridge widening and bridge reconstruction
- Truck Lane–New lane designated for truck traffic
- Pavement Replacement–Extends the life of the road, lessens the need for maintenance and related costs as well as provides a smoother roadway surface
- Grade Separation–Bridge crossing used to separate levels at which roads, railroads or pedestrians cross one another